Porcelain veneers in Melbourne
CHOOSE TOORAK DENTAL STUDIO
Transform your smile with porcelain veneers at Toorak Dental Studio. Passionate about your smile, our qualified dentists specialise in dental veneers and other cosmetic treatments to help our clients look and feel their best.
Addressing discoloured, uneven, disproportionate or gappy teeth, we provide porcelain veneers in Melbourne that correct a number of dental complaints in just one treatment. As a faster alternative to orthodontics, you can achieve a beautiful smile for years to come - without the need for braces.
Leading quality teeth veneers
Design your smile makeover with the cosmetic dentists at Toorak Dental Studio. Our desire to achieve the highest possible standard of dentistry translates to everything we do, and we’re proud to transform smiles and restore confidence in our clients with high-quality, hand-crafted teeth veneers in Melbourne. Whether choosing this as an Invisalign alternative, or as a key part of your gummy smile treatment, we’re confident we can achieve your desired shape and shade of veneers.
Merging science with aesthetics
Providing the latest technology in porcelain veneers and composite veneers to Melbourne, we combine innovative technology with our passion for beautiful smiles, to create stand-out results you’ll love for years. Veneers are thin shells that are bonded to your existing teeth to improve the surface, colour, shape and overall look – for an effective solution to your dentistry concerns.
Veneers before and after
Start the process with TDS
Visit us for a no-obligation consultation in our newly-renovated Melbourne-based clinic. Our friendly dentists will take a series of high-resolution photographs to analyse your smile, utilising the latest in smile design software to help you visualise what your perfect smile could look like. We provide a personal service and an upfront dental veneers treatment plan that’s tailored to you. Once you’re happy with your diagnosis and are ready to go ahead with the treatment, we’ll book in a convenient time to examine your smile and prepare the teeth, once you’ve seen a digital smile simulation of the final result. Following this, we’ll bond the veneers to your real teeth to create stunning results. Get in touch for more details about the process.
What are dental veneers?
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your smile but don’t want to resort to braces or Invisalign, then cosmetic dental veneers might be for you. Depending on the type of look you want and your budget, there are a few avenues that you can take where dental veneers are concerned. But first: what are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin coverings or shells that are usually made up of porcelain or porcelain resin. These shells are applied over your teeth and fit snug - so they look like new and improved versions of your real teeth. Most people with good oral hygiene can consider veneers.
Are dental veneers right for you? Yes, if:
- You have noticeably chipped, broken or worn teeth
- You have stains on your teeth that cannot be removed by whitening treatments
- Your teeth are short or mismatched
At Toorak Dental Studio, our dental veneers will give you the confidence back to smile with your mouth open and show off your teeth. Contact us today to find out if dental veneers will work for you.
Benefits of porcelain veneers
Enjoy many advantages porcelain veneers
You will be able to enjoy many advantages that come with choosing to get porcelain veneers. Here are just some of the benefits of receiving this type of cosmetic dentistry:
- Everything from the shape to the colour and size of your dental veneers will be customised for you. That way, you’ll be able to achieve the smile you’ve always desired.
- Other than daily brushing and flossing, there’s no additional maintenance associated with getting porcelain veneers.
- After your dental veneers have been placed, there is little recovery time. Almost immediately after the veneers have been set to your teeth, you’ll be able to resume normal activities, such as eating and drinking.
- The entire process from your first consultation to the final appointment in the dentist’s chair is relatively quick. Once you’ve made the decision to get veneers made, it can take as little as two or three appointments over a couple of weeks. Compared to braces, it’s a much faster process.
- You can use porcelain veneers to fix just a few visible teeth, all your teeth, or to complement other cosmetic treatments. For example, you may wish to whiten your teeth as well as mend the gap between your front teeth.
- Porcelain veneers can correct multiple flaws all at once, such as the shape, colour and position (if minor) of your teeth. If you have stained, chipped or spaced out teeth, you can deal with these all at the same time with porcelain veneers.
- With porcelain veneers, you can get dramatic and quick results - and almost instant improvements.
- Made very thin and translucent, porcelain veneers are almost undetectable as they effortlessly mimic the properties of natural teeth and tooth enamel. Nobody will know you’ve had work done - unless you tell them.
- When taken care of well, porcelain veneers have a lifespan of around 10-15 years.
Composite vs Porcelain Veneers
What are composite veneers?
Composite veneers are an alternative to porcelain veneers or crowns, and can be applied in one sitting. Made from tooth-coloured resin, composite veneers are made with the same material used for tooth bonding. While they are less expensive than porcelain veneers, composite veneers may not last as long as their counterparts.
Composite veneers are relatively invasive and can be applied directly to your teeth (direct veneers) or custom-made outside of the mouth (indirect veneers). Due to the material used, they may need to be replaced or repaired more frequently than porcelain veneers.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are very thin shells of porcelain material (though some teeth veneers are made of composite resin). They’re placed over the existing teeth to transform the look of the mouth – whether this is to improve the shape, shade or damaged teeth.
The application of porcelain veneers leaves the existing tooth structure in place, but improves appearance by covering imperfections. They’re popular amongst patients that believe their teeth are crooked, discoloured, too small, too “gappy”, uneven or oddly shaped.
How are veneers put in?
Before you get your porcelain dental veneers put in, you’ll have an initial meeting with your dentist at Toorak Dental Studio to discuss your best option and how many veneers you would like. During this visit, your dentist will also take x-rays to evaluate the health of your teeth, including signs of tooth decay or gum disease.
Some patients may choose to get one veneer to cover a broken or chipped tooth, but many opt for six to eight veneers in order to create an even smile. The most common location where veneers are applied is the top front eight teeth.
At your next appointment, your dentist will shave down your tooth/teeth (about half a millimetre) to take a mould, which will be sent off to the lab to create your porcelain veneers. In the interim, you’ll receive a set of temporary veneers to wear.
After two weeks when your veneers have returned from the lab, you will schedule an appointment to have them placed in your mouth. Your dentist will thoroughly clean your teeth and then use a shaving tool to create a rougher texture so that the veneer sticks to the tooth. Then, your dentist will use dental cement to bind the veneer to your tooth, and use an ultraviolet light to harden the cement. After that, you’ll be ready to debut your new smile!
What do teeth look like under veneers?
Under your dental veneers, your teeth will look normal. They may have some of their surface reduced due to the tooth-preparation process, where your dentist will have shaved down your teeth by half a millimetre in order to secure your veneers.
Keep in mind that you must maintain your veneers by practicing good hygiene. Brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. Dental check-ups and cleanings every six months should also be followed through. Take care of your veneers and they will take care of you.
Direct vs indirect veneers
Direct composite veneers and indirect composite veneers are cosmetic procedures and an alternative to porcelain veneers.
Direct veneers are applied directly to your teeth (hence the name.) This procedure doesn’t take very long and the application process is minimally invasive.
On the other hand, indirect veneers are custom (or ‘indirectly’) made outside of the mouth, either in your dentist’s office or in a dental lab. This process follows similarly to porcelain veneers, where you will be given a set of temporary veneers until the indirect veneers are created. When you book your next appointment, your veneers will be ready to be applied to your teeth.